Do you have extra data on your MTN SIM card? If so, you can transfer it to another MTN user with just a few simple steps. This is a great way to help out a friend or family member who’s running low on data or to simply share your unused data with someone who needs it.
There are three ways to transfer data on MTN: USSD, SMS, and the MTN App. In this article, I will show you How to Transfer Data on MTN using all three methods. I’ll also discuss some of the benefits of transferring data, and I’ll answer some common questions that people have about the process.
By the end of this article, you’ll know everything you need to know about transferring data on MTN. So read on and learn how to share your data with others!
How to Transfer Data on MTN to MTN Number
My other articles are only for South African people but I will edit and add more information for Nigerian people that will help everyone.
This article is for ( Nigerian and South African ) both people which is no matter where are you from I will provide steps that help you.
How to Transfer Data on MTN Using USSD – South Africa
First I’m writing for South African people on How to Transfer Data on MTN using USSD, simply follow the below steps:
First, Open your phone’s dialer app.
Dial *136*5#on your Mobile and press the call button. after dialing this code you will go to the MTN menu – my account.
Select option 1: “Manage Bundles” from the options that appear.
Select Option 3: “Data Share”
Select Option 1: “Add Data Share Member“
if you have not activated data share first activate it by selecting option 2 then again follow the steps and Enter the recipient’s phone number.
Select the amount of data you want to transfer.
Select option 1: “Confirm transaction”. By entering your mtn pin,
You will receive a PIN that is usually “0000”. You can change this PIN later.
Alternative Method 1
alternative two methods if the first method does not work you can try it these also.
- Dial *135#.
- Select option2for
- Select option2again for
- Enter the recipient’s mobile number.
- Enter the amount of data you want to transfer.
- Enter your MTN PIN.
- Press#to confirm.
You will receive a confirmation SMS once the data transfer is successful.
Alternative Method 2
I don’t know if it’s working or not but you can try it also.
- After activating the mtn data share now Dial This USSD Code*131*7#.
- Enter the recipient’s phone number.
- Enter the amount of data you want to transfer. The minimum amount is 10MB and the maximum amount is 10GB.
- Enter your PIN.
- Confirm the transfer.You will receive a confirmation message if the transfer was successful.
If You Want to Get Free 1GB data on mtn Read This blog post How to Get Free Data on MTN
How to Transfer Data on MTN using USSD Code – Nigeria
Now, I’m writing for Nigerian people on How to Transfer Data on MTN using USSD, Just follow the below steps:
*321*Recipient's Number*Amount*PIN#on your phone.
- For example, if you want to transfer 1GB of data to the number 08031234567, you will dial
- The recipient’s number must be an active MTN Nigeria number.
- The amount of data you can transfer is 50MB, 100MB, 200MB, or 500 MB.
- You must have a minimum of 50MB of data balance in your own account to be able to transfer data.
- The PIN is a 4-digit number that you created when you activated the data transfer service. If you have forgotten your PIN, you can reset it by dialing
- After you have dialed the USSD code, you will receive a message confirming the transfer.
How to Transfer Data on MTN Via SMS
To transfer data on MTN via SMS in South Africa, you can follow these steps:
- Open your SMS messaging app.
- Type the following message:
Transfer<space> Phone number <space> Data amount
For example, to transfer 1GB of data to the phone number 08123456789, you would type the following message:
Transfer 08123456789 1024
- Send the message to “131 or 136“.
You will receive a confirmation message if the data transfer was successful.
How to Transfer Data on MTN Using MyMTN App
One Of The Best Methods to Transfer Data on MTN is Using MyMTN App my recommended method
Here are the steps on how to transfer data on MTN using the MyMTN app:
- Download the MyMTN app from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Open the app and sign in with your MTN mobile number.
- Tap the “More” icon (three horizontal lines) in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click “Data share”.
- Enter the mobile number of the recipient.
- Select the amount of data you want to transfer.
- Click “Send Or Share”.
The recipient will receive a notification that they have received data from you. They can then use the data to browse the internet, download apps, or stream videos.
this article has provided a detailed guide on How to Transfer Data on MTN, You can easily share your data with friends and family, or even gift them a data bundle. This is a great way to save money on your own data plan, and it’s also a great way to show your friends and family that you care. Simply follow the steps outlined in this article, and you’ll be able to transfer data from your account to theirs in a matter of minutes.
I hope you’ll bookmark this article for future reference. And if you have any friends or family members who are also looking to Transfer Data on MTN, be sure to share this article with them!