Are you a Telkom user struggling to check your balance? Do you find yourself searching for solutions on Google but not finding them with Screenshots? You’re not alone. Many Telkom users face this problem, but fortunately, there is a solution.
In this article, I will provide you with a step-by-step guide, complete with screenshots, on How to Check Balance on Telkom. With this guide, you’ll be able to check your balance quickly and easily, without any hassle.
Ways to Check Balance on Telkom South Africa
There are several ways to check your balance on Telkom South Africa:
- Using USSD Code
- Via SMS
- Using Telkom App
- Using WhatsApp
- Using Telkom Website
- Calling Customer Care or IVR Method
What is Telkom Balance Check USSD
Telkom Balance Check USSD is a code that you can dial on your phone to check your Telkom airtime balance. The code is *188#.
How to Check Balance on Telkom Mobile
- Pick up the Phone and Dial *188# on it.
- Press the Call Button And if you have inserted two sims in your mobile Choose the Telkom option From the Sim Call.
- Your balance will be displayed on the screen.
Here is a Screenshot Guide on how to check your Telkom balance using a USSD code:
Dial the USSD code: On your phone with the Telkom line inserted, dial *188#.
Press the call button: After dialing the USSD code, press the call button to initiate the balance check.
View your balance: Within a second, your balance will be displayed on the screen.
How to Check Balance on Telkom Via SMS
You can also check your balance by sending an SMS message to 188. Leave the body of the message blank and you will receive a reply in a few seconds with your current balance.
To check your Telkom balance via SMS, follow the below steps:
- Open your messaging app and create a new message.
- In the recipient field, type 188.
- Leave the message body Blank. ( Just press the space button On your mobile keyboard)
You will receive an SMS from Telkom with your current balance, like the below screenshot.
How to Check Balance on Telkom App
You can also check your balance using the My Telkom app. This app is available for download on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. Once you have downloaded and installed the app, simply log in with your Telkom account details. You will then be able to view your balance and other account information.
How to Check Telkom Balance Online
- Go to the My Telkom web portal.
- Log in with your Telkom mobile number and password.
- Once logged in, click on the “My Account”tab.
- Your Telkom balance will be displayed under the “Account Summary”section.
If you have lost your Telkom number then don’t panic if you want to know how to find your number then you must read my guide How to Check Telkom Number
How to Check Telkom Balance on WhatsApp
To check your Telkom balance on WhatsApp, follow these steps:
- Save the mobile number 0811 601 700 on your contact list.
- Next, Refresh your WhatsApp contacts, after that, you send a message and chat with a Telkom customer care agent.
- Ask for your airtime or data balance.
- Customer care will respond to you immediately with the balance.
It is important to note that the number you registered for your WhatsApp account has to be your Telkom line for you to use this service.
How to Check Telkom Balance Using IVR
You can check your Telkom balance using the IVR Service by following these steps:
- Dial 188 without *star and #hash from your Telkom mobile phone
- Follow the instructions of the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system to reach a customer service representative.
What is Telkom Data Balance Check Code
The Telkom Data Balance Check Code is *188#. To check your Telkom data balance, simply dial this code on your phone press the call button, and select Telkom sim from the call options. You will then receive a message with your current data balance, as well as any other relevant information, such as your expiry date.
How to Check Data Balance on Telkom Mobile
The easiest way to check your balance is to use a USSD code. This is a short code that you can dial into your phone to access various services. To check your Telkom balance, simply dial *188# and press the Call Button. You will then receive a message with your current airtime, data, and SMS balances with an expiry date.
Here is a screenshot guide on how to check your Telkom data balance using a code:
Open your phone’s dialer app. Dial *188# and press the call button.
After that, your balance will be shown below as I have provided you the screenshot below.
Now finally in a few seconds, you will receive an SMS from Telkom and it will tell you all your details along with your data, artime, and minutes whatever as I mentioned below. As per the screenshot provided, you will receive everything from Telkom with an expiry date.
How to Check Data Balance on Telkom Via SMS
- Open your messaging app and create a new message.
- In the recipient field, type188.
- In the message body, Click the space button. that means sending a blank message but without tapping the space button you can’t send a message.
- Next, Tap Send.
- You will receive an SMS from Telkom with your current data balance.
How to Check Data Balance on Telkom Online
The method of checking Telkom data balance online is also the same as I mentioned above how to check the balance on Telkom online can implement the same method. you will get all the information there like this You will log in to your Telkom website, and then in the account information you will get all the information, how much data is available, how much balance is available, how much airtime is available.
How to Check Telkom LTE Data Balance
If you are a Telkom Fixed LTE customer, you can check your data balance by following these steps:
- Go to the Telkom website and log in to your account.
- Click on the “My Account” tab.
- Under the “Services” section, click on “Fixed LTE”.
- Your data balance will be displayed under the “Usage” section.
How to Check Data Balance on Huawei Router Telkom
To check your data balance on a Huawei router with Telkom, you can do it in two ways:
Using the web-based management page
- Connect your device to the Huawei router’s Wi-Fi network.
- Open a web browser and enter the router’s IP address in the address bar. The default IP address is 192.168.8.1.
- Enter the router’s username and password. The default username and password are both “Admin”
- Once you are logged in, click on theToolstab in the menu bar.
- Click on USSD on the left-hand side.
- Now dial *188# code and press the send button.
- Next, click SMS in the left-hand side. Tap 1st option SMS Conversion
- Under ” SMS Conversation ” click the message to open it and view the balance Details.
- Your current data balance will be displayed in the Message
Using the Telkom app
- Download and install the Telkom app on your smartphone.
- Open the Telkom app and log in to your account.
- Tap on theAccountstab.
- Your current data balance will be displayed under theData Bundlessection.
If you are unable to check your data balance using either of these methods, you can contact Telkom customer support for Help.
Which Method is Best for You?
There are several ways to check your balance on Telkom South Africa, including using a USSD code, SMS, the Telkom app, the Telkom website, and customer support or IVR. The easiest and best way to check your balance is to use the USSD code *188#. Simply dial this code on your phone and press the Call button. Alternative Send a Blank message to 188 without a star and hash.
As you can see, there are a number of ways to check your Telkom balance. The most convenient way for most people will be to use the Telkom app, as this provides a quick and easy way to view your balance for all of your Telkom services. However, if you do not have the Telkom app installed, you can also check your balance using USSD codes or the Telkom website.
I hope this article has been helpful. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Telkom customer support.
I am glad that you found this article helpful. It is my goal to provide users with informative and comprehensive content that helps them solve their problems and learn new things.