Are you tired of being charged for subscriptions that you never use? Do you want to take control of your spending and stop wasting money on unwanted services? If so, then you need to know How to Cancel Subscriptions on MTN. In this guide, I’ll show you how to do it in a few simple steps.
By the end of this article, you’ll know how to cancel your MTN subscriptions. First, if you want to check which services are subscribed. so I have already written about how to check subscriptions on mtn. you can Read this article after reading this article.
Why Cancel Subscriptions on MTN?
There could be several reasons why you might want to cancel your subscriptions on MTN. Some common scenarios include:
- You no longer find the service valuable or useful.
- The service is no longer meeting your expectations.
- You want to reduce your monthly expenses.
- You’ve found an alternative service that better suits your needs.
How to Cancel Subscriptions on MTN Using USSD
If you Want To cancel a subscription using USSD Code, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Dial *155# from your MTN phone.
This will open the MTN USSD menu.
Step 2: Select 1 for “View or cancel subscriptions“.
This will take you to a list of your active subscriptions.
Step 3: Select the subscription you want to cancel.
The subscription will be highlighted when you select it.
Step 4: Select 1 to confirm the cancellation.
This will send a confirmation message to your phone that your subscription has been canceled.
in addition to canceling subscriptions, you can also block Premium Rated Services (PRS). PRS are services that charge you a fee for each message or call you make. You can block PRS by following these steps:
- Dial *155#.
- Press 99.
- Choose Block/Unblock future charges.
- Choose Premium rated services.
- Press 1 to Block.
Your subscription will be canceled immediately.
How to Cancel MTN Subscriptions?
- Dial*141*5#or *136*5# on your mobile device.
- select option 2, ” Content Services “.
- Next, select option 1, ” Manage Content Services “, to view or cancel subscriptions.
- If you want to cancel a specific subscription, select the option next to it and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- To block all future subscriptions, select option 2, “Manage Premium Rated Services”.
- On the next screen, select option 1, ” Block Premium Rated Services “.
- You will be asked to confirm your choice.
- Once you have confirmed, your subscriptions will be canceled.
I hope you’ll bookmark this article for future reference. And if you have any friends or family members who are also looking to Cancel Subscriptions on MTN, be sure to share this article with them!
How to Cancel Subscriptions on MTN Using the App
If You Want To cancel a subscription using the MTN App, follow these steps:
Step 1: Download the MTN App.
You can download the MTN App from the App Store or Google Play Store. Once you have downloaded the app, open it and sign in to your account.
Step 2: Find your subscription.
On the home screen of the app, tap on the Profile icon in the top right corner of the screen. Then, tap on Subscriptions. This will show you a list of all of your active subscriptions.
Step 3: Cancel your subscription.
To cancel a subscription, tap on the Subscription you want to cancel. Then, tap on Cancel Subscription. You will be asked to confirm your cancellation. Once you have confirmed, your subscription will be canceled.
Step 4: Complete the cancellation.
Once you have canceled your subscription, you will be taken to a confirmation screen. This screen will show you the date your subscription will be canceled. You can also tap on Cancel Another Subscription to cancel another subscription.
How do I cancel my MTN subscription online?
- Go to the MTN website. ( Mtn.co.za )
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on the “My Account” tab.
- Click on “Subscriptions”.
- Click on the subscription you want to cancel.
- Click on “Cancel Subscription”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the cancellation.
How to Cancel MTN Subscriptions by Calling Customer Care
To cancel mtn subscriptions by calling customer care, follow the below steps:
- Dial 135 from your MTN phone Dial for Other Networks 083 135.
- Select English.
- Select Customer Care.
- Select Cancel Subscription.
- Provide your MTN number and the subscription you want to cancel.
- Follow the instructions of the customer care representative.
Your subscription will be canceled within 24 hours.
How do I cancel my MTN subscription by SMS?
follow the below steps on how to cancel your MTN subscription by SMS:
- Check the subscription code.You can find the subscription code by sending an SMS to155with the keywordSTOP. For example, if you want to cancel your MTN Music subscription, you would send an SMS to 155 with the keywordSTOP MUSIC.
- Send the cancellation SMS.Once you have the subscription code, send an SMS to155with the keywordCANCELand the subscription code. For example, to cancel your MTN Music subscription, you would send an SMS to 155 with the following text:
- Confirm the cancellation.You will receive a confirmation SMS from MTN. This SMS will confirm that your subscription has been canceled.
How to Cancel Subscriptions by Visiting Shop
If you prefer to cancel your subscription in person, you can visit an MTN shop. To cancel your subscription at an MTN shop, bring your MTN ID number and the name of the subscription you want to cancel. The MTN shop attendant will cancel your subscription for you.
How to Avoid Unwanted Subscriptions
if you want To avoid unwanted subscriptions, you can take a few steps to protect yourself. First, be careful when signing up for any new subscription service. Read the terms and conditions carefully before you agree to anything.
Second, make sure you understand how to cancel your mtn subscriptionif you decide you no longer want it.
Finally, be aware of the different ways that scammers can try to trick you into signing up for unwanted subscriptions.
If you receive a text message or email that looks like it’s from MTN, but it asks you to provide your personal information or credit card number, don’t reply. Instead, contact MTN customer service to verify the message.
What happens when I cancel an MTN subscription?
When you cancel an MTN subscription, your access to the service will be immediately terminated. You will not be able to use the service again until your subscription renews.
If you cancel your subscription within 30 days of signing up, you may be eligible for a refund. The amount of the refund will depend on how long you have used the service.
How do I check my MTN subscriptions?
You can check your MTN subscriptions by dialing *135#, visiting the MTN website, or calling customer service.
What happens if I don’t cancel my MTN subscription?
If you don’t cancel your MTN subscription, you may continue to be charged for the service. You may also be subject to late payment fees.
How do I get a refund for a canceled MTN subscription?
You can request a refund for a canceled MTN subscription by contacting customer service.
How long does it take for my MTN subscription to be canceled?
It typically takes 24-48 hours for your MTN subscription to be canceled.
What are the fees for canceling my MTN subscription?
The fees for canceling your MTN subscription will vary depending on the type of subscription and your contract terms.
Can I cancel my MTN subscription if I’m still in the contract period?
Yes, you can cancel your MTN subscription if you’re still in the contract period, but you may be subject to early termination fees.
Q: What If I Accidentally Subscribed To A Service?
A: If you accidentally subscribed to a service, you can cancel it using the same methods as described above.
Q: What If I Don’t Remember My Account Number?
A: If you don’t remember your account number, you can call customer service and they will be able to look it up for you. Or read this article on how to check your MTN number it helps to find your number.
Q: What If I Change My Mind And Want To Resubscribe?
A: You can resubscribe to a service at any time by following the steps above.
Q: What If I Am Still Charged For A Subscription That I Have Canceled?
A: If you are still being charged for a subscription that you have canceled, you can contact MTN customer service for a refund.
I’m glad that you found this article helpful. I know that it can be frustrating to have unwanted subscriptions draining your airtime, so I hope that this information has been able to help you to take control of your finances.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to leave a comment below. I’ll do my best to answer them as soon as possible.
If you have any further questions about how to cancel subscriptions on MTN, please do not hesitate to contact customer support. They will be able to help you with any issues that you may encounter.